I saw various videos on YouTube talking about ’10 facts about me’ or ’20 things you didn’t know about me’ and they were fun to watch. So I thought I’d do my version of it. Here goes…
5 things about me
- I am a short person. I am very short, around 156 cms, last time I checked. (I think it amounts to 5ft 2in.) This has given me a lot of body image and self confidence issues. My mother is shorter than me, less than 5 feet tall and my dad is of an average height as well. So I think I won the genetic lottery of short people!
- I LOVE music. Music is my life. I love listening to music all the time and it literally affects my mood. I’ve observed that when I am in a shitty mood and I listen to some upbeat music, I instantly feel happy (or less shitty :P) Ironically, I tried learning Hindustani classical music for 3-4 years but that didn’t interest me. I guess I’ll have to remain a bathroom singer forever..
- I started writing my first full length novel when I was 12 years old. It was our summer vacation and I forced two of my cousins to co-write the story with me. This was my first attempt at writing a full length novel and it was kinda bakwas. The story was about three cousins and their adventures during the school vacation. Very original 😛 I remember that we named the villain Mr. Jack Stonewall (like, seriously!?) Obviously my cousins were not interested in it. I used to dictate the story, brother used to write it in the notebook and my younger sister used to just sit there. We (mostly me) gave up on the story when the vacation ended.
- I am an ambivert. I have searched high and low about what they call characters like me..apparently its ambivert. Or ‘extroverted introvert’. What that means is I love being around people but I also need my alone time to recharge. I can’t be around people too much else I become cranky and rude (my family vouches for this!)
- I am awkward around new people. In the past 7 years of my life, I have made only two good friends, the can-call-you-even-at-midnight-to-talk-shit kinda friends. That is because I am awkward around new people and I freeze up in social events. Furthermore, my friends tell me that I look unapproachable and serious so people also hesitate to talk to me. But on the plus side, when I get to know someone well I become their best friend (that’s what I’ve been told)
So that’s that. Five things you might have not known about me. Tell me the quirkiest thing about you… 😀